Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Monday...

We would like to thank you all for your positive thoughts. We are very lucky to have special people in our lives and your concern and love for our family is truly appreciated. We made some changes to the blog to make it easier to see pictures and slide shows so it may look a bit different today.

We started and ended our day exploring the city of Indianapolis. It is a great city. We are not psyched about the circumstances that brought us here, but, we are glad that we have been able to visit.

Mike and I went to the IU Cancer Center and met with Drs. Foster (urological surgeon) and Kessler (thoracic surgeon). We left with some good news. Mike will not be having the thoracic surgery. The nodes in his lungs have shrunk to a size that are not of concern. Mike will be admitted to IU at 5:30 a.m. and have RPLND surgery tomorrow morning. The surgery will be 2 or 3 hours long (instead of the 5 hours we expected with both surgeries) he should be sent directly to a regular room (no ICU which is standard with thoracic surgery). His hospital stay may be a bit shorter than originally expected too. Although the RPLND is still a very serious surgery we are very excited about this turn of events.

Again, we can not thank you enough and will keep you posted.
GCB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys-- I feel like I am there with you. We love amd miss all of you. Good luck tomorrow. We will be thinking of you. xoxoxoCarla
===Louie was kicked out of swim class-- John had to jump in the pool to save him after he jumped in with no life jacket on---No fear is a bad thing ???!!!!
But he is a cute boy. John said he did not cry and he was mad when John would not let him go back in.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the good news today and best of luck tomorrow!! I look forward to reading more good stuff!
xo,
Joe's sis ~Beth

Unknown said...

I have just spent my sweet time in the morning reading and rereading this whole event...what a cool thing this is, your info is wonderful, so are the pics. I went to school at Butler University in Indianapolis many years ago...they have a wonderful concert hall if you can catch one. Good news about Mike yesterday...tomorrow will be even better I bet. We are with you guys. Love to all, Kim Rosendo

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts your way. Great post and awesome pics. Glad to hear about only needing one surgery.
Diane and I are thinking about you.

Jeff