Appointment at the clinic yesterday included the last of 3 infusions (to enhance graft process) and confirmation that my blood levels are exactly where they should be.- I learned that the graft process really kicks in around the 10th day post transfer. Up to that point, they take a nose dive, and then when the new cells start to take over (graft) the counts begin to climb back up.
- It is typical to receive a blood transfusion at the time of the 3rd infusion (due to low platelet count), though my doctor opted against it because of my good progress, no fever, and overall good health. I take that as a good sign.
- As for the coming days, I'm told to expect some serious fatigue and perhaps some general malaise as the new cells really get to work moving in. Given my experience so far, it's hard to believe it. I've been very fortunate. I go back for another check-in on Thursday.
Meanwhile, I'm taking a daily walk and enjoying my stay with Loren and Joe. I pitch in by doing anything on the clean side, like unloading the dishwasher, and they do everything on the other side, like loading the dirty dishes. I'm learning how to receive help, and Loren is learning how to pare down her doting . We both require remedial training now and then. It's genetic.
More next week. Thanks again for your calls, cards and e-mails. jvm
PS: Mike completeded the 100 mile Dempsey Challenge on Sunday and, thanks to many, he raised over $3600.00!

1 comment:
Great news. We're thinking of you. Enjoy your time with Loren, Joe and the pugs...
Post a Comment